Categorie:Data on the web
Data on the web is about:
- The publication of data that is directly retrievable on the web by the use of 4 simple principles:
- Use URIs as names for things.
- Use HTTP URIs so that people can look up those names.
- When someone looks up a URI, provide useful information, using the standards (RDF*, SPARQL).
- Include links to other URIs. so that they can discover more things.
- 5 star Linked data
- API's (application programming interface) for data. An API is a collection of definitions from which a computer can communicate with another program or component, in case the data.
Why data on the web?
A lot of data is already part of the web. Yet we can not always use those data. By using Web standards such as Linked Data and APIs we unlock and safely (re)use data via the web. We expect the value and accessibility of data on the web will increase in the coming years. There are a lot of ideas and initiatives on how to achieve this in practice. On this theme page we bring those ideas and initiatives together.
Deze categorie bevat de volgende 2 ondercategorieën, van een totaal van 2.